"Refuse to fall down.
If you cannot refuse to fall down, refuse to stay down. If you cannot refuse to stay down,
lift your heart toward heaven and like a hungry beggar, ask that it be filled and it will be filled.
You may be pushed down. You may be kept from rising.
But no one can keep you from lifting your heart to heaven--only you.
It is in the middle of misery that so much becomes clear.
The one who says nothing good came of this, is not yet listening."
-
Clarisse Pinkola Estes

For Tuesday


Monday, February 16, 2009

You Raise Me Up

I have been praying for two families right now. The Whitt's who lost their precious Tuesday and Cynthiaa who lost her newborn son, Aiden.

Both women have blogged and both show amazing courage during a time that no mother would ever have the strength to even imagine what kind of pain they are enduring.

The most amazing thing happened to both families. Both had spiritual experiences with balloons that were released while grieving the loss of these children.

The Whitt's released balloons on a Saturday morning. It was a windy day here in Colorado and they released the balloons about 5 minutes from their home. They woke up Sunday morning and went for a drive. Only to return home later that afternoon to discover a cluster of the pink balloons they released over 24 hours ago, in their tree in their front yard!!! How amazing is that??

Cynthiaa somehow got one white balloon in 4 dozen balloons. She tied and/or released all of them except the white one. That one she tied to a bench and just sat there. Some time went by, 20 minutes to an hour and the balloon untied itself and went up. She felt her son was letting her know he was still with her.

I believe strongly that both these occurances are truly signs that we are all going to have a lifetime after this lifetime. After we take our last breath we will float and soar like these balloons did. We will find ways to bring comfort to those who ache for us and we will soar to our Creator when it is our time.

Please keep your prayers coming for both of these families.

3 comments:

  1. Hi, my name is Andrea, I came across your blog when I was looking for Cynthiaa's - because her's has been removed. I was wondering if you knew why or if she has a new one? I hadn't ever been to her site until the week she lost her baby - a friend gave me the link to pray for her. I'm a blog fanatic and have come across so many heartbreaking stories that have caused me to get out a box of Kleenex - but. . .I feel horrible for saying that I didn't believe her. I'd never had that reaction before, so I went back and read every single one of her posts hoping for a sign that I was wrong. Unfortunately, that didn't happen. Still, I prayed for her and checked back once or twice after that (still hoping to be proven wrong). Today I realized it'd been about a month so I went back and saw that it no longer exists. I can't say this helped my feeling. Like I said, hopefully I'm wrong, hopefully she just removed the blog because it was too painful. But I noticed that you had her button and so I thought maybe you knew something more than I did. I like your blog, I'll come back soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there Andrea. I know she made a new blog but I am not sure where it is. She was leaving the old one up as a tribute to her son. I am curious why you think she was making the Baby Aiden thing up? That would be concerning...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, I really hope I'm wrong and if I am then I feel absolutely terrible. It was just a weird feeling I had when reading all of her posts - noticing a bunch of "little" things that wouldn't seem like a big deal by themselves but when put all together without anything convincing in the other direction. . . ? When I saw today that the blog had been taken down/removed/deleted I wondered why. Of course without having been in her situation then there's no way I can say that if certain things struck me as odd that it necessarily means anything. It's just that I'd never had this reaction ever before with any of the blogs I've come across over so many years. Did she ever post pictures of Aiden? Not that she needed to because that is a personal thing, but I never saw any pictures proving her pregnancy, his birth, or his death - except for a couple of "pregnant photos" that made it hard to tell for sure that she was even pregnant. She didn't give many details of her pregnancy as the months went by, and she posted so soon (or I guess it was a friend) after Aiden was born & died. (I had a son 11 months ago and am very devoted to my blog, but there's no way I would have thought to ask someone that day to write a post saying he died, nor would I have been able to write a post like she did the next day. Once again, though, everyone is different.) I guess the most uncomfortable note was letting people know she would accept their donations to her address. There were several other things as well, so I just hope that her blog resurfaces and my strange feeling can be put to rest because it is sad to think she would make it all up.

    ReplyDelete

You have a light within. Burn it bright. Share your light with me!