"Refuse to fall down.
If you cannot refuse to fall down, refuse to stay down. If you cannot refuse to stay down,
lift your heart toward heaven and like a hungry beggar, ask that it be filled and it will be filled.
You may be pushed down. You may be kept from rising.
But no one can keep you from lifting your heart to heaven--only you.
It is in the middle of misery that so much becomes clear.
The one who says nothing good came of this, is not yet listening."
-
Clarisse Pinkola Estes

For Tuesday


Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Kayleigh

Sweet Kayleigh. My heart is breaking. Another little girl has left this earth to be with our Lord in Heaven. Another life gone way too soon. Another parents heart is forever broken.

Sometimes when you see a button on a blog asking you to pray, you have a choice. To click it or to move on and keep blog surfing as if there is no one suffering. It is easier to keep moving. It is easier not to invest your time and especially your heart in to these people's lives. Why look? Why allow yourself to suffer with them? My husband asked me that as I choked back tears trying to tell him about Kayleigh a couple of weeks ago. He told me I shouldn't get so emotional about people we don't know. Part of me knows he may be right. But maybe I am more sensitive than most people. I can slip on someone else's shoes and really feel what they are feeling during their walk. I just *know* that if my child were suffering and I had an outlet like a blog to share my baby's journey and people actually cared enough to read and comment, it would mean so much to me. Every. Single. Comment. It would be a little bit of comfort during a difficult time. So if I choose to click that button, asking me for prayers then I know I am investing myself in this request. I am not just going to cruise by and comment "I am praying" and then move on to the next blog. I am going to learn about this person who I am praying for and really invest my thoughts and heart into my prayers.

I did it for Tuesday Fiona Whitt. I am doing it now for Kayleigh Anne Freeman.

Kayleigh...

This little girl was born last summer on June 23rd at three months early. She weighed in at exactly 1 lb. She had to fight from before the moment she took her first breath. She spent her whole life in the NICU and she was almost 11 months old when she passed away last night. Her story is one of courage and the pure need to fight for her life. Everyone said she would never make it and she fought like mad to prove them wrong. She touched so many hearts and gave so many people hope.

During what was to be her last surgery before the Freeman's would be able to FINALLY take their girl home, something went wrong and little Kayleigh did not get enough oxygen to her brain. She came out of surgery but was not the same. It was confirmed she had no brain waves. The Freeman's still faced this hurdle with the same love and faith that they have shown all along and all they asked for was to bring their baby home so they could show her what it felt like to have the sun on her face and maybe even let her lay in the grass. They wanted their daughter to just see outside and spend a moment in her room that they had so lovingly prepared for her while Aimee was pregnant. We all prayed for several days that they would get their wish but Kayleigh's brain was swelling and she was uncomfortable.

Kayleigh never made it home. Adam & Aimee did, however take their baby off all those tubes and wired and did take her outside.

I cannot bear to type much more. My heart is broken for this family. I am angry. I can't help but feel that because of someone's human error in the hospital (MY sole opinion - this has never been expressed by the Freeman family) this little girl lost her fight. I know God has been with them every step of the way but I am so angry that this happened. There. I said it. I just had to get it off my chest. They have been robbed of a future with this amazing little miracle and I am just so very sad and confused by why this happened.

If you happen across my blog, please send your prayers to The Freeman Family. Their blog is Kayleigh Anne Freeman

They just happen to be airing a special on this amazing family and little Kayleigh on The Doctors tomorrow, May 13th if you would like to learn more about Kayleigh's story.

Goodbye, sweet precious Kayleigh. You will never be forgotten.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

You have a light within. Burn it bright. Share your light with me!